Pain Management and Spine Care Research Grants Application Criteria and Conditions
The Foundation for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is requesting applications for its Pain Management and Spine Care Research Grant. Each Pain Management and Spine Care Research Grant is for $10,000 to be used as seed money for research. Application deadline is November 1.
About the Award
- Award is a short-term seed grant for research in topics related to pain medicine and spine care in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Award will be presented during the AAP Annual Meeting.
- Information about the grant recipient and his/her paper may be published in the Foundation UPDATE Newsletter and/or other publications. Additional items may be included in electronic and print materials produced by the Foundation for PM&R.
- Applicant and/or at least one co-investigator must be members of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R) and/or the Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP).
- Application must be submitted on the Pain Management and Spine Care Research Grant Application Form and must include a concise statement of the purpose of the research; anticipated outcomes; proposed budget (showing other sources of cash and in-kind support); and a letter of support from the sponsoring institution. Please also include your Curriculum Vitae.
- Indirect costs should comprise no more than 10% of the budget.
- All applications must be submitted through the online portal.
- Applications must be made using the Pain Management and Spine Care Research Grant Application Form. Fully completed applications and all required attachments must be submitted no later than midnight on November 1.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Awards and Grants Review Committee. Their decisions shall be final. Winner(s) will be notified by January 1.
- Awardee must commence his/her research project in a timely fashion. The awards of recipients who are unable to proceed with the proposed scope of work and/or with the terms and conditions of the award may be revoked.
- Awardee must submit a complete programmatic and fiscal report of his/her seed grant research to the Foundation for PM&R within 24 months of the notification date for the award.
- Awardee must submit his/her research findings to the Foundation for PM&R for review and also submit for possible presentation at an Annual Assembly of the AAPM&R or AAP.
Questions about the Pain Management and Spine Care Research Grant can be directed to the Foundation at (847) 737-6062 or email@example.com.